From our experience of working closely with local communities, we have established projects dealing with problematic species such as Japanese Knotweed (Fallopia spp.), Traveller’s Joy (Clematis vitalba), Cherry Laurel (Prunus laurocerasus) and Winter Heliotrope (Petasites fragrans).
The Objects Of Our Invasive Species Projects Are:
- To identify a means of managing Invasive Species that looks at the entire picture and integrates all those involved i.e. Local Authority, businesses, community groups, residents, etc.
- To prevent further spread
- To raise awareness and educate
- To identify the best and most effective methods of treatment
- To treat in line with environmental regulations such as the Sustainable Use Directive